This all began with Bakers Against Racism, a worldwide bake sale supporting the BLM movement that ran from June 15-20, 2020 and raised over 1.8 million.
I'm not a professional baker, but was excited to contribute to the movement and whip up tasty treats at scale for a week in my home kitchen. I decided I didn't need a worldwide event to keep baking and contributing, so on a quarterly basis I've been running these bake sales.
This week, I'm partnering with some great Chicago bakers and we are offering small batch baked goods with local pickup in Logan Square and Printer's Row on Saturday and Sunday Dec 19-20. (details available upon ordering).
Ingredients are sourced local and organic when possible. Eggs are organic and cage-free. Main ingredients such as flour, butter, and cream are also organic.
About me: http://trucyphan.com/
- Chocolate Mint Brownie
- Salted and Malted Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Cold Brew
- Peach and Strawberry Milk Tea
- 🚫 Lemon Mascarpone Tart with Fresh Berries (Sept bake sale only)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
Guest bakers 💖
1/4 of @snack_collective, also known as @banh_chanh_99. You'll see anything from Southeast Asian street food classics, re-imagined versions of classics, mash-ups, or contemporary pastries with an Asian flair. You can find her sweet and savory pastries at Four Letter Word Coffee in Logan Square, and follow her on Instagram for pastry drops :) Read more about her and Snack Collective in The Chicago Reader.
An homage to the Asian-American food experience. Growing up as an Asian-American in the melting pot that is America, we’ve been exposed to the foods of our own culture as well as many others. The food that we create is an amalgam of that experience.
Hi there! I'm Camay- a product designer by day and baker whenever I can. Baking brings me so much joy and I hope to share that with you all. I grew up around food having spent much of my childhood in my parents' restaurant. Later, I began my design career helping brand Chicago restaurants like Girl & the Goat, Perennial Virant, HaiSous and Ca Phe Da. My interests and influences come from the bread and sourdough community, plant-based dessert scene and asian bakeries. My bakes are vegan and feature sourdough. Follow me @camazinglunch
- Chocolate Raisin Sourdough Babka, Vegan
- Chocolate Coffee Cardamom Sourdough Scones with Coffee Glaze (dairy-free), Vegan
- Cranberry Pecan Sourdough Scones with Lemon Icing, Vegan
- 🚫 (Sept bake sale only) Red Onion Sourdough Focaccia, Vegan
- 🚫 (Sept bake sale only) Crackly Marbled Sourdough Banana Bread, Vegan
- 🚫 (Sept bake sale only) Cinnamon Sourdough Coffee Cake, Vegan
- 🚫 (Sept bake sale only) Sourdough Crackers, Vegan
Pastry crazy since childhood, I eventually found myself at Kendall College studying both Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry, while building my newfound skill sets by volunteering with restaurants and catering companies in the Chicago area. After graduating, I spent nearly 5 years working in the Pastry department of GT Fish & Oyster and GT Prime as both line cook and pastry production cook, where I picked up many new skills and helped produce numerous dessert items. Although COVID has affected so much of the restaurant industry, limiting access to great restaurants, I plan to keep my own kitchen hands busy! Thankful for this opportunity, I am very excited to be participating alongside these lovely bakers in raising funds for just causes.
- Holiday Box Set
- 🚫 (Sept bake sale only) Matcha Macarons, Pack of 4
- 🚫 (Sept bake sale only) Mexican Vanilla Macarons, Pack of 4
I've been baking for as long as I can remember. After studying hospitality in college and working a couple management jobs thereafter, I decided to switch gears a little and work in pastry full time. Working at Girl & the Goat, Little Goat, and Duck Duck Goat I became "Ice Cream Girl" and fell even more in love with ice cream and the magical things you can do with it! I really enjoy learning new techniques and flavor combinations. Before COVID-19, I was on a mission to travel around the world tasting new pastries (and especially ice cream!) everywhere I went.
- 🚫 (Sept bake sale only) Scotcheroos
Previous bakes + donations
Total donated to date: $7,462.75
Dec. 14-21, 2020
- Raised (through sales + donations): $1,260
- Donated (with 1x match): $2,520
- Organizations: Soul Fire Farm (1x match), SaveMoneySaveLife Foundation, (1x match), Equal Justice Initiative (1x match)
Aug 31-Sept 6, 2020
- Raised (through sales + donations): $1,342.75
- Donated (with 0-1x match): $2,292.75
- Organizations: Precious Blood Ministry of Reconciliation, Urban Growers Collective (1x match), Lyte Collective (1x match), Campaign Zero (1x match)
June 15-20, 2020
- Raised (through sales + donations): $923.63
- Donated (with 1-2x match): $2,650
- Organizations: Black Girls Code (3x match), Brave Space Alliance (2x match), Healthy Hood Chicago (2x match), My Block My Hood My City (2x match), Unicorn Riot (2x match)